The research team at CLIx is committed to conducting high quality studies in the area of impact evaluation, design-based research and specific thematic case studies. It consists of a multidisciplinary team of researchers with a rich experience of studying education in developing and developed countries, as well as of playing a key role in various policy-level processes. The team members, primarily located in TISS and MIT, work closely with the various field teams and domain teams to facilitate the execution of specific studies, organisation of research seminars and publication of research work.
My research interests lie in studying the implementation of policies and programmes, how innovative initiatives work at the field level and how implementation research influences policy making. I have conducted a number of evaluation studies of various governmental and non-governmental projects, handled case studies and done policy research. My expertise is in the area of education law and policy, and I have served on several Govt. committees.
- Ph.D (1998), National Law School of India University. Social Sciences – Child Labour and Child Rights.
- MA (1992), Tata Institute of Social Sciences. Social Work – Family and Child Welfare.
Meera Gopi Chandran
Team Lead , Assistant Professor, Centre for Education, Innovation & Action Research, TISS
I have about 15 years of experience in the domains of Development and Education, the last 10 years being in the area of Teacher Professional Development and Education Research. In CLIx, I currently work as the Research team lead.
- Ph.D (2018), Tata Institute of Social Sciences. Education.
- M.A (1997), University of Madras. Sociology.
- M.Sc (1994), University of Madras. Life Sciences.”
My research has focused on examining student beliefs, learning strategies, calibration of self-efficacy, and on pedagogy related to active learning. I am interested in how teacher beliefs influence pedagogical choices. I have expertise in developing instruments to measure psychological constructs, and statistical analysis of the resultant data. I was Assistant Research Professor, Arizona State University, and Associate Director of Educational Research, MIT. My role within CLIx is to help explore project impact from multiple perspectives.
- Ph.D (2010), Mary Lou Fulton Institute and Graduate School of Education, Arizona State University. Educational Psychology – Learning.
- Certificate (2010), Mary Lou Fulton Institute and Graduate School of Education, Arizona State University. Educational Technology.
- MSN (1984), College of Nursing, Wayne State University. Health Care of Women.
- BSN. (1977), College of Nursing, University of Pittsburgh. Nursing.
I am collaborating with TISS in studying the adoption of CLIx at scale and through design-based research, as well as the intervention’s impact on classroom learning and teaching practices. Previously, my academic work focused on teacher development and the acquisition of new instructional skills, particularly in advancing student learning in classroom discussions. For many years, I was a public school science teacher in California and in Massachusetts.
- Ed.D (2015), Human Development and Education.
- Ed.M (2001), Technology in Education, Harvard University. Teacher learning, expertise development, and simulation-based learning.
I have over 20 years’ experience in the field of Education and Technology, working with under-served populations in developing countries. My areas of interest include constructionist and online learning, curriculum design, teacher professional development and assessment. My role within CLIx is to help design mechanisms to help us understand the impact of CLIx on students’ learning.
- Ph.D. (2017), Media Lab, MIT. Media, Arts and Sciences.
- M.Ed. (2015), School of Education, Boston University. Educational Media and Technology
- B.S. (1993), School of Engineering, EAFIT University. Computer Science.
My ongoing Ph.D research explores students’ conceptions of area measurement. As a part of the Maths team in CLIx, I have been analysing worksheets and interview data and conducting field trials of the lessons developed by the team.
- Ph.D (pursuing), Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research. Mathematics Education and Cognition.
- M. Sc (2009), Bengal Engineering and Science University, Shibpur. Applied Mathematics.
- B. Sc (2007), University of North Bengal. Mathematics.
My research interest is in the area of educational technology in general and the role of computer-mediated collaboration in education in particular. We are comparatively studying two environments, one with computer-mediated group interaction and the other with one-to-one interaction with the computer. We are trying to understand the processes involved in learning in both environments. I’m also interested in approximate number system (ANS) and its connection with formal mathematics. As a part of Science Team at CLIx, I am working on the Basic Astronomy Module. I am helping in revising the student module, collecting and analyzing the data and writing research reports.
- Ph.D (current), Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research. Role of Instant Sharing in Learning.
- M.Sc (2009), Yashwant College, SRTM University, Nanded. Microbiology.
- B.Sc (2006), Botany, Chemistry from Shivaji College, SRTM University, Parbhani. Microbiology.
I have been working in the education space for the past 3+ years in varied components of Ed-tech education, teacher training, qualitative and quantitative research. My interest lies in analysing the qualitative and quantitative data and conclusion for better outcomes, 21st-century skills, sustainability in programme implementation. At CLIx I am looking at the internal & external research with technology-blended teaching and learning process as well as liasioning with the stakeholders involved in the education ecosystem.
- MA Development (2019) Azim Premji University, Bangalore
- BA (Hons) Geography (2017) Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh
Team Lead, Associate Professor, Centre of Excellence in Teacher Education (CETE), TISS
I worked on developing the Integrated approach for Technology in Education at the Tata Trust, and conceptualizing of the CLIx initiative. My research interests are in the areas of teacher professional development for technology integration (TPACK), and student use of technology within a constructionist approach. I will also engage with CLIx Research, and contribute to developing technology integration constructs, measurement and analyses.
- Ph.D (2010), Iowa State University. Curriculum and Instructional Technology, Education.
- M.Sc (2002), Iowa State University. Child Development.
- M.Sc (1998), Nirmala Niketan, Mumbai University. Human Development and Family Studies.
- Website: Link