To create a community of independent language learners who use English confidently to express themselves, not only to access economic opportunities but also richer human interactions, and greater participation in democratic citizenship.
- Stories: Interesting audio stories form the backbone of the course-ware. Learners, who otherwise have little or no access to quality audio content, listen to spoken English through these stories.
- Active learning: The stories also act as a springboard for stimulating and fun tasks involving communication and comprehension. Learners engage with these tasks through a set of innovative and interactive technology tools built into the course platform.
- Values: The course design aims to foster a culture of peer learning, privileging collaboration over competition and encouraging learners to be producers rather than mere consumers of content.
- Feedback: The design ensures that learners receive feedback from peers as well as from the computer — some computer tasks are designed to scaffold learners’ progression by giving immediate feedback.
- Learners lead the way: All tasks are designed to enable learners to work in pairs, allowing for communication and collaboration, and with the freedom to decide the pace and flow of their lesson progression.
May 14, 2018 / 0 Comments
April 4, 2018 / 0 Comments
March 19, 2018 / 0 Comments
March 16, 2018 / 0 Comments