The English Team at TISS designs and creates the CLIx English course for students and the English Teacher Professional Development (TPD) courses for teachers. The student courses have been designed and developed in active collaboration with The Education Arcade and the Office of Digital Learning at MIT. The English team is also engaged in action research based on implementation of the student course and in conducting TPD courses for teachers.
Team Lead & Assistant Professor, Centre for Education, Innovation & Action Research, TISS
I have worked as a teacher, teacher educator and curriculum designer in the public and private sector over the last few years. Prior to CLIx, I worked with St. Andrew’s College, Muktangan(NGO), consulted with TISS-NUSSD and Tata Trusts. I serve as an honorary board member for Sharon Education Society, Mumbai.
In CLIx, I oversee English curriculum design & development, teacher professional development and research.
My interests include Language Pedagogy, Curriculum Design, Children’s Literature and Teacher Professional Development.
- M.A. (2010), Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai. Elementary Education.
- M.A. (2008), English and Foreign Language University, Hyderabad. English.
- B.A. (2006), St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai University. English Literature.
I started my career as a journalist in Mumbai, writing and editing feature stories on civic issues. Later, after a 6-year stint in advertising creative, I joined Tata Interactive Systems (TIS), a global e-learning firm, in April 2000. I headed instructional design at TIS and helped design learning solutions for several international educational projects and corporate training programmes. Currently I am the Chief of Learning Design & Social Impact at Tata ClassEdge, a leading provider of technology-enabled learning solutions for schools in India. I am a team member on the CLIx English team.
- M.Phil. (1993), Madras Christian College, European Literature.
- M.A. (1992), Madras Christian College, English Language & Literature.
- B.A. (1990), Madras Christian College, English Language and Literature.
I have taught for more than a decade at undergraduate and the postgraduate levels across various domains including English and Mass Media and Business Studies. I also wear the caps of course coordinator, examiner, teacher trainer, corporate trainer, researcher, editor, content developer, syllabus designer and reviewer at different times in various institutions. I primarily anchor the TPD English development and delivery as part of the English Team at CLIx.
- PhD, (current), Department of English, University of Mumbai. English Language Teaching.
- M.Phil, (2009), S.N.D.T. Women’s University. English.
- MA, (2003), Department of English, University of Mumbai. English Language Teaching.
- BA, (2000), R.D. National College, University of Mumbai. English.
- Website: Link
Educational Technology Designer, Education Arcade, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
I manage the design, content, development, and research of educational games and programs in the MIT Education Arcade. I am contributing to the CLIx English and i2C courses by helping integrate innovative pedagogies into the curriculum, designing relevant technology tools, and advising on the design and production processes.
- Ed.M (2007), Harvard Graduate School of Education Technology, Innovation and Education.
- BA (2003), Brown University, Computer Science.
I began my career as a journalist, covering education in The Hindu from 2010 to 2012. Subsequently, I worked on curriculum development with the NGO Selco Foundation and on documenting practices with another NGO, Vidya Mytri trust. At CLIx, I am part of the English team and involved in curriculum development and research.
My research interests include analyzing reading practices, moral education and philosophy of education.
- M.A. (2014), Azim Premji University. Education. Curriculum & Pedagogy.
- P.G. Diploma (2010), Asian College of Journalism. Journalism.
- B.Sc. (2009), Bharatiyar University. Visual Communication.
Curriculum Consultant, Centre for Education, Innovation and Action Research, TISS
I have served as Visiting Faculty in the English department at Stella Maris College, Chennai and at St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai. I have previously been a Teaching Assistant in English at IIT Bombay and have nearly six years’ experience in teaching English language and literature to students of engineering, arts and the sciences. I enjoy research in art and aesthetic theories, the postmodernist historical novel, culture and representation studies and humanities education.
In CEI&AR, I have been a part of the design and development of the CLIx student modules. I also research language teaching and learning practices and student autonomy in the CLIx project.
- Ph.D. (2012), Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, Mumbai. Department of Humanities and Social Sciences.
- M.Phil. (2006), Stella Maris College (Autonomous), Madras University, Chennai. English.
- M.A. (2005), Lady Shri Ram College, Delhi University, New Delhi. English.
- B.A. (2003), Lady Shri Ram College for Women, Delhi University, New Delhi. English (Hons)
I work as a Research Associate at CLIx. As a part of the English Team, I am involved in content development and research related activities. I have previously worked as a primary school teacher at Shikshantar school, Gurgaon for two years; post which I worked with InOpen Technologies, an IIT Bombay incubation, as an Education Development Manager, for a year.
My areas of interest include English Language Teaching, Teacher Professional Development, Teacher Assessments.
- Ph.D. (current), Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai. Education.
- M.Phil. (2017), Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai. Education.
- M.A. (2014), Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai. Elementary Education.
- B.El.Ed. (2012), Miranda House, University of Delhi