The English Team at TISS designs and creates the CLIx English course for students and the English Teacher Professional Development (TPD) courses for teachers. The student courses have been designed and developed in active collaboration with The Education Arcade and the Office of Digital Learning at MIT. The English team is also engaged in action research based on implementation of the student course and in conducting TPD courses for teachers.
Assistant Professor, Co-PI & Lead- CLIx, Centre of Excellence in Teacher Education, TISS
I am a core member of the English and TPD teams.
I have nearly two decades of experience in the education sector across various fields: English Language Teaching, Literature, Mass Media, Business Administration, Teacher Training, Curriculum Design, Content Development, Programme Coordinator, Department Head, Research Associate, Editor, etc.
My role in CLIx includes the design and development of the CLIx English modules and tools. I am involved in administrative, curricular, expansion and technological aspects of the RTICT programme, overall. I anchor the TPD English development and delivery and coordinate closely with the various CLIx teams and CLIx states to design and deliver TPD sessions and facilitate Communities of Practice with state teachers.
My research interests lie in English Language Teaching, Literature Studies, Assessment, Teacher Professional Development, ICT for Education, and Education Policy and Practice.
- PhD, (2019), Department of English, University of Mumbai. English Language Teaching.
- M.Phil, (2009), S.N.D.T. Women’s University. English.
- MA, (2003), Department of English, University of Mumbai. English Language Teaching.
- BA, (2000), R.D. National College, University of Mumbai. English.
- Website: Link
Team Lead & Assistant Professor, Centre of Excellence in Teacher Education (CETE), TISS
I have worked as a teacher, teacher educator and curriculum designer in the public and private sector over the last few years. Prior to CLIx, I worked with St. Andrew’s College, Muktangan(NGO), consulted with TISS-NUSSD and Tata Trusts. I serve as an honorary board member for Sharon Education Society, Mumbai.
In CLIx, I oversee English curriculum design & development, teacher professional development and research.
My interests include Language Pedagogy, Curriculum Design, Children’s Literature and Teacher Professional Development.
- M.A. (2010), Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai. Elementary Education.
- M.A. (2008), English and Foreign Language University, Hyderabad. English.
- B.A. (2006), St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai University. English Literature.
I have served as Visiting Faculty in the English department at Stella Maris College, Chennai and at St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai. I have previously been a Teaching Assistant in English at IIT Bombay and have nearly six years’ experience in teaching English language and literature to students of engineering, arts and the sciences. I enjoy research in art and aesthetic theories, the postmodernist historical novel, culture and representation studies and humanities education.
In CEI&AR, I have been a part of the design and development of the CLIx student modules. I also research language teaching and learning practices and student autonomy in the CLIx project.
- Ph.D. (2012), Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, Mumbai. Department of Humanities and Social Sciences.
- M.Phil. (2006), Stella Maris College (Autonomous), Madras University, Chennai. English.
- M.A. (2005), Lady Shri Ram College, Delhi University, New Delhi. English.
- B.A. (2003), Lady Shri Ram College for Women, Delhi University, New Delhi. English (Hons)
I work as a Research Associate at CLIx. As a part of the English Team, I am involved in content development and research related activities. I have previously worked as a primary school teacher at Shikshantar school, Gurgaon for two years; post which I worked with InOpen Technologies, an IIT Bombay incubation, as an Education Development Manager, for a year.
My areas of interest include English Language Teaching, Teacher Professional Development, Teacher Assessments.
- Ph.D. (current), Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai. Education.
- M.Phil. (2017), Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai. Education.
- M.A. (2014), Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai. Elementary Education.
- B.El.Ed. (2012), Miranda House, University of Delhi
Educational Technology Designer, Education Arcade, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
I manage the design, content, development, and research of educational games and programs in the MIT Education Arcade. I am contributing to the CLIx English and i2C courses by helping integrate innovative pedagogies into the curriculum, designing relevant technology tools, and advising on the design and production processes.
- Ed.M (2007), Harvard Graduate School of Education Technology, Innovation and Education.
- BA (2003), Brown University, Computer Science.