The Technology team spans all of CLIx, working closely with the Curriculum and Production teams on the education technology used in the curriculum, with the Implementation teams on the infrastructure in schools, with the website team for Communications and outreach and with the Research team to support data acquisition and analysis. Technology plays a supporting role in the active and experiential learning experiences being developed by CLIx.
I contribute to and coordinate curriculum development and on- field training activities for FTs, teachers and students. I help develop and test the i2C course platform and school server and deploying these in school labs by coordinating with and supporting field technologists. As a part of Gnowledge Lab, HBCSE, I am exploring the value of open source technology for education and its use in achieving learning competencies. I also develop learning studio images, which are customised Linux OS images containing educational applications. I strongly believe that the education process should evolve with time and that technology will play a great role in it.
Past experience: Software developer, 2.5 years, PI Techniques.
- MCA (Master of Computer Application) (2012), Somaiya Institute of Management Studies & Research, University of Mumbai, Mumbai.
- BCS (BSc Computer Science) (2009). Pune University, Pune.
Sadaqat Faqih Mulla
Project Manager (Platform and Tools), Centre of Excellence in Teacher Education, TISS
I am passionate about education and its complexities. My areas of interest are interdisciplinary, including educational technology, OERs, design-based research, teacher education and educational innovations, especially in the global south. At CLIx, I work with the technology team to streamline platform development. Previously, I worked with Tata Consultancy Services as a software engineer and with various voluntary organizations in India and the UK on educational projects. I have a critical yet optimistic approach to things.
- MA(2016), UCL Institute of Education, University College, London; Education, Technology and International Development.
- BE(2011),SDM College of Engineering & Technology, Dharwad, Visvesvaraya Technological University; Electronics and Communications Engineering.
I work as a Test Engineer at CLIx and my inspiration working on Edu-Tech is a line I came across which says “If we teach Today’s Students, as we taught them Yesterday, we rob them of Tomorrow”. I basically work on testing various applications and am responsible for designing and implementing the tests that ensure the quality and the functionality of a product. I am also involved in all phases of the testing program, from designing the test parameters to troubleshooting errors, and writing up final test procedures.
- MCA (Master of Computer Application) (2018), Sardar Patel Institute of Technology, University of Mumbai, Mumbai.
- B.Sc (Computer Science) (2015). Mumbai University, Mumbai
- BE (Mechanical Engineering) (2018), D.N. Patel COE Shahada, North Maharashtra University, Jalgoan.
- Website: Link
I am a Software Developer with 6+ years of experience in application design and development. I am into CLIx as I am interested in the technologies it demands for my role. Previously, I worked with Infosys(Hyd) and Mastek(Mumbai) as a SE and SSE. My experience till now in the industry has been in developing a module within a project on the contrary CLIx has given me an opportunity to learn and play different roles. I have been involved in the development and maintenance of the key platforms. I got the opportunity to handle interns who joined our team. Also have been involved in Data processing and metric extraction along with the research team which gave me exposure to different sets of technology.
- B.E in Computer Science (2009), VNR VJIET, Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad.
I joined CLIx as system administrator in 2018. My past experience includes working on different devops related technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, Cloud Platforms and virtual machines. At CLIx, in contrast to my previous stack, working on physical servers has been a good learning experience . As my role speaks, I am into server handling (instance setup, deployments, updations and troubleshooting) and writing shell scripts for automation of redundant work.
- B.Tech(Computer Science) 2017,Kanpur Institute of Technology, A.P.J Abdul Kalam Technical University, Kanpur
I design collaborative learning environments (as against classrooms) for the construction of scientific knowledge, and am an advocate of the freedom to read, write and act, particularly in the digital space, creative commons, and distributed justice. I work at the interface of ontology, epistemology, science education, and politics associated with new media, and am collaborating with NCERT in building the National Repository for Open Educational Resources. I have taught at HBCSE since 1995.
- Ph.D (1995), Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur. Philosophy of Science.
- MA (1988), Department of Philosophy, University of Delhi.
- M.Sc (1984), Department of Zoology, University of Delhi.
I have been involved in the development of learning technologies to support open education/ open courseware, teaching and learning, online learning, educational digital libraries and engineering education since 1993. My work focuses on the potential of open education to improve teaching and learning worldwide. I lead the design and implementation of national and international Strategic Education Initiatives in the MIT Office of Digital Learning. I also work with faculty to implement learning technologies in their classes.
- BS (1993), University of California, Berkeley. Mechanical Engineering.
- MS (1995), University of California, Berkeley. Mechanical Engineering.
- Management of Technology Certificate (1993), University of California, Berkeley.
- Location: MIT, Cambridge, MA USA
- Website: Link
My background is in physical sciences. I also spent seven years mapping remote and low resource areas. Immediately prior to CLIx I was a web and mobile developer for Boston area start-ups. As a member of CLIx, I’m developing both curriculum content and the technology to deliver it.
- BS (2007), Northern Kentucky University. Physics; Minor in Chemistry.
- BS (2007) Northern Kentucky University. Mathematics (Natural Sciences Focus).
- Location: MIT, Cambridge, MA USA
My current work focuses on educational technology platforms for competency-based and adaptive assessments. I do full-stack development and support initiatives at MIT as well as other institutions. Previous to MIT, I worked for a Department of Energy national laboratory and served in the Peace Corps.
- BSE, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Electrical Engineering.
- MSE, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Electrical Engineering: Systems.
- SM, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Technology and Policy.
- Location: MIT, Cambridge, MA USA
I have been designing and developing interactive experiences for a wide range of Fortune 500 companies and digital design agencies since 1994. Combining code with creativity is my passion. As a UI/UX Developer at SEI, my focus is creating modern, elegant and usable solutions for the learning technology space. When I am not multitasking between design and code innovations, I am racing bikes, managing the CX sisters social media campaign to increase women participation in cyclocross racing, and empowering women to grow their technology skills as a TA for Girl Develop It’s Boston Chapter.
- B.A. (1994), University of Massachusetts at Amherst . Multimedia Development.
- Location: MIT, Cambridge, MA USA
- Website: Link
Kedar H. Aitawdekar
Lead Software Developer, Centre for Education, Innovation & Action Research, TISS
I’m a full-stack open source developer with a computer programming background. I am enthusiastic about learning and using new technologies. I have coded for the educational (platform) projects NUSSD, NROER and i2c. At CLIx, I am part of the development team.
- MCA (Master of Computer Application 2013), Maharastra Education Trust, Mumbai, University of Mumbai.
- BCA (2010), IGNOU, Computer Applications.
Keerthi K. R. D.
Assistant Project Manager, Centre for Education, Innovation & Action Research, TISS
I started my career as Quality Analyst at Accenture after completing my degree in engineering. My curiosity about the economics of industries made me pursue a MBA. Before joining CLIx, I worked with CIET(NCERT). I was involved in managing tasks, gathering inputs and documenting the progress of the software that was being developed for CIET and for i2c. I have volunteered as a teacher in after-school programmes for students in Dharavi and Govandi. I love crunching data and reading books and articles related to sociology and economics. I spend my leisure hours making items out of unused things. In CLIx, I manage a team of interns who are authoring CLIx modules on the learning platform, and conduct testing for the technology team.
- MBA (2014), VIT Business School, VIT University.
- B. Tech (2011), G Narayanamma Institute of Technology and Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad. Electrical Engineering.
I am working as a system administrator at CLIx (TISS). Handling linux servers and exploring new tools and software is a good experience as is working with virtual machines, docker, jenkins and ansible and developing bash scripts to automate repetitive tasks. I am looking forward to working on a large-scale project.I have worked in gnowledge-lab under Prof Nagarjuna G, Homi Bhabha Centre Science Education. I have learned more about free and open source projects through this work. I hope to continue to explore new technologies and contribute and support to various projects of gnowledge-lab and CIET-NCERT, New Delhi(NROER project).
- B.Sc (2009), Elphinstone College, University of Mumbai. Information Technology.
My work links education and technology through multimedia, instruction/ learning design and e-learning. My specialisations have included management studies as well as education in open, traditional, and blended modes. AT CLIx, I am responsible for mapping the technology of education.
- Ph.D (2000), University of Delhi. Education Technology.
- Location: TISS, Mumbai
Being a Creative Technologist fascinates me. I started my career as an Associate Engineer at Wipro Technologies. I then joined as Researcher at SAMEER’s Lab, IIT, Bombay while serving at the same time as part-time tutor for engineering subjects like VLSI and Integrated Control Theory. My research work can be found at the IEEE xplore digital library.  As a member of CLIx development team, I’m developing the web templates for the curriculum teams and the platform to deliver them on.
- M.Tech(2016), NMIMS University. Electronics and Telecommunication.
- B.E (2013), Visvesvaraya technological University. Electronics and Instrumentation.
- Location: Mumbai
Rachana Balkrishna Katkam
Senior Software Engineer, Centre for Education, Innovation & Action Research, TISS
- M.C.A (2014), University of Mumbai.
- B.Sc IT (2010), University of Mumbai
I have some three decades of professional experience; for the past 9 years, I have been a teacher of adolescents and a teacher-trainer in alternative and rural schools in India. My earlier avatars include being a blast furnace operator, banker, entrepreneur, publisher, editor, teacher, programmer, product manager/architect, computer science researcher, and farmer. Tinkero Ergo Sum. At CLIx I focus on managing, adapting, and unravelling educational technologies for the Indian milieu.
- B. Tech (1986), Indian Institute of Technology Madras. Metallurgical Engineering.
I have been designing and working on the front end of CLIx. As a developer, I enjoy managing the backend, too. My expertise and knowledge are in CSS, SAAS and Python. I balance my work with trekking, travelling, exploring and enriching my own experiences. ‘Part time coder and full time explorer ‘ describes me well.
• MCA(2014), MET’s Institute of Computer Science, Mumbai University.
• BCA(2011), NSB College, SRTM University, Nanded.
Before CLIx, I worked at HDFC Bank, recruited by Wipro Infotech as Desktop Support Engineer. In the CLIx programme, as technologist, I visit the Mizoram schools and troubleshoot problems they may be having with PCs.
- BCA (Bachelor of Computer Application, 2011).
- ACHNP (Advanced Certified Hardware and Networking Professional, 2014), Kolkata.
- Location: Mizoram
My main areas of interest are Web Programming, and Networking. I have 13 years of programming experience in the IT sector.
- GNIIT (Graduate, National Institute of Information Technology, 2002), Delhi.
- B.Sc (1996), Lucknow University. Physics and Maths.
I have worked as a community lead for BalaSwecha, an initiative by the Andhra Pradesh- and Telangana- based non-profit organization Swecha. I have experience in coordinating between schoolteachers, students and educationists, so as to understand their requirements and offer support through using technology, and finding solutions to problems arising within surrounding communities.
- B.Tech, Computer Science and Engineering.
I am currently working in CERP as an IT Technologist. I have two years’ experience in IT Hardware and Networking. At CLIx, my responsibilities include handling the Lab-LAN network, software installation, creating labs for workshops, computer lab maintenance, and research and monitoring.
- IT Diploma, (2012), Birla Technical Training Institute, Pilani.
- ITI, (2009), Birla Technical Training Institute,Computer Hardware and Networking.
- BA (2012), NON College, University of Rajasthan.