The Teacher Professional Development (TPD) team conceptualises and designs opportunities to support the continuous professional development of teachers. Blended certificate courses, developed in collaboration with the CLIx curriculum teams, are meant to enable teachers to facilitate the CLIx English, I2C, Mathematics and Science offerings using contemporary technology for teaching and assessment, while enabling teachers to hone their skills in digital literacy, in pedagogies that integrate contemporary technologies and to advance their understanding of the subject matter. TPD aims to contribute to building an ecosystem that sustains and supports teacher professional development alongside pedagogical transformation and innovation.
Team Lead, Associate Professor, Centre for Education, Innovation & Action Research, TISS
I worked on developing the Integrated approach for Technology in Education at the Tata Trust, and conceptualizing of the CLIx initiative. My research interests are in the areas of teacher professional development for technology integration (TPACK), and student use of technology within a constructionist approach. I will also engage with CLIx Research, and contribute to developing technology integration constructs, measurement and analyses.
- Ph.D (2010), Iowa State University. Curriculum and Instructional Technology, Education.
- M.Sc (2002), Iowa State University. Child Development.
- M.Sc (1998), Nirmala Niketan, Mumbai University. Human Development and Family Studies.
- Website: Link
I have over 18 years’ experience working in the development, academic and corporate sectors, including research and programme implementation in mathematics, technology, and teacher education, as well as software development. My role in CLIx includes strategic coordination of the overall curriculum development effort. I am also an active contributor to curriculum development and research in the areas of Mathematics and i2C.
- M.Phil. (2015), Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Hyderabad. Education.
- MA (2011), Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai. Education (Elementary).
- MCA (Master of Computer Applications, 1996), Bangalore University.
I dropped out of Physics graduate school to join the education sector. I have taught at most levels in public secondary schools, and worked in the area of professional development for teachers and teacher educators, particularly in STEM Education. I have co-led a municipal school, innovating best practices in school leadership. I am keenly interested in developing novel content and designing creative learning experiences for children and adults, in an open, community-based, tech-driven setting.
- MA (current), Indira Gandhi National Open University. Education.
- B.Sc (2007), Presidency College, University of Calcutta. Physics.
I have been working with teachers and students for the last two years in Rudrapur, Uttarakhand. I had worked at middle school level on concepts of science with students and teachers in various modes like workshop, informal discussion and science fair. I am interested in pedagogical issues of science teaching.With the CLIx science team, I primarily work on developing the physical science content.
- B.Ed. (2015), S.B.D. Degree College, Mahatma Jyotiba Phule Rohilkhand University Bareilly. Physical Sciences.
- MSc. (2014), Aligarh Muslim University. Nuclear Physics.
- BSc. (2012), R.S.M (P.G.) College, Mahatma Jyotiba Phule Rohilkhand University Bareilly. PCM.
Co -Lead & Assistant Professor, Centre for Education, Innovation & Action Research, TISS
My research interests lie in analyzing the interaction between teachers’ beliefs, knowledge and practices, and in the role of communities in teachers’ learning. I have taught and designed courses for teachers and have six years of teaching experience at the school level. At CLIx, I am engaged in brainstorming for the student modules and in anchoring the Teacher Professional Development module for Mathematics.
- Ph.D (pursuing), Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research. In-service professional development of mathematics teachers.
- M.Ed (2006), Central Institute of Education, Delhi University. Science Education and Educational Technology.
- Diploma (2002), CMC Limited. Software Technology.
- M.Sc (2000), Dept. of Botany, Delhi University. Crop Genetics and Economic Botany.
- B.Ed (1998), Central Institute of Education, Delhi University. Biology and Chemistry Teaching.
- B.Sc (1997), Miranda House, Delhi University. Botany.
- Website: Link
I have taught for more than a decade at undergraduate and the postgraduate levels across various domains including English and Mass Media and Business Studies. I also wear the caps of course coordinator, examiner, teacher trainer, corporate trainer, researcher, editor, content developer, syllabus designer and reviewer at different times in various institutions. I primarily anchor the TPD English development and delivery as part of the English Team at CLIx.
- PhD, (current), Department of English, University of Mumbai. English Language Teaching.
- M.Phil, (2009), S.N.D.T. Women’s University. English.
- MA, (2003), Department of English, University of Mumbai. English Language Teaching.
- BA, (2000), R.D. National College, University of Mumbai. English.
- Website: Link
I was a PhD researcher at the Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology, Delhi,before starting work with CLIx. My PhD research was focussed on looking at some aspects of learning and memory formation. I am interested in the interface of cognitive science and education research.With the CLIx science team, I primarily work on developing the life science content.
- PhD, (thesis submitted), CSIR-Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology. Mathematical Biology- Neurobiology.
- MSc. (2011), Dr. B. R. Ambedkar Centre for Biomedical Research, University of Delhi. Biomedical Sciences.
- BSc. (2009), Bhaskaracharya College of Applied Sciences, University of Delhi. Biomedical Sciences.