The Teacher Professional Development (TPD) team conceptualises and designs opportunities to support the continuous professional development of teachers. Blended certificate courses, developed in collaboration with the CLIx curriculum teams, are meant to enable teachers to facilitate the CLIx English, I2C, Mathematics and Science offerings using contemporary technology for teaching and assessment, while enabling teachers to hone their skills in digital literacy, in pedagogies that integrate contemporary technologies and to advance their understanding of the subject matter. TPD aims to contribute to building an ecosystem that sustains and supports teacher professional development alongside pedagogical transformation and innovation.
Assistant Professor, Co-PI & Lead- CLIx, Centre of Excellence in Teacher Education, TISS
I am a core member of the English and TPD teams.
I have nearly two decades of experience in the education sector across various fields: English Language Teaching, Literature, Mass Media, Business Administration, Teacher Training, Curriculum Design, Content Development, Programme Coordinator, Department Head, Research Associate, Editor, etc.
My role in CLIx includes the design and development of the CLIx English modules and tools. I am involved in administrative, curricular, expansion and technological aspects of the RTICT programme, overall. I anchor the TPD English development and delivery and coordinate closely with the various CLIx teams and CLIx states to design and deliver TPD sessions and facilitate Communities of Practice with state teachers.
My research interests lie in English Language Teaching, Literature Studies, Assessment, Teacher Professional Development, ICT for Education, and Education Policy and Practice.
- PhD, (2019), Department of English, University of Mumbai. English Language Teaching.
- M.Phil, (2009), S.N.D.T. Women’s University. English.
- MA, (2003), Department of English, University of Mumbai. English Language Teaching.
- BA, (2000), R.D. National College, University of Mumbai. English.
- Website: Link
Assistant Professor & RTICT Program Coordinator, Centre of Excellence in Teacher Education (CETE), TISS
I worked on conceptualising RTICT, designing and managing teacher communities of practice and close coordination with CLIx states to implement TPD. I am currently coordinating the RTICT teacher professional development programme. My research interests are in teacher education and teacher communities of practice. My role in CLIx included strategic coordination of the overall curriculum development effort. I was also an active contributor to curriculum development and research in the areas of Mathematics and i2C.
- Ph.D. (current), Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Hyderabad. Teacher Education.
- M.Phil. (2015), Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Hyderabad. Education.
- MA (2011), Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai. Education (Elementary).
- MCA (Master of Computer Applications, 1996), Bangalore University.
Team Lead, Associate Professor, Centre of Excellence in Teacher Education (CETE), TISS
I worked on developing the Integrated approach for Technology in Education at the Tata Trust, and conceptualizing of the CLIx initiative. My research interests are in the areas of teacher professional development for technology integration (TPACK), and student use of technology within a constructionist approach. I will also engage with CLIx Research, and contribute to developing technology integration constructs, measurement and analyses.
- Ph.D (2010), Iowa State University. Curriculum and Instructional Technology, Education.
- M.Sc (2002), Iowa State University. Child Development.
- M.Sc (1998), Nirmala Niketan, Mumbai University. Human Development and Family Studies.
- Website: Link
Comments are closed.